Sunday, October 28, 2018

NEA; Statement of Intent

How you intend to use Media Language to target your intended audience?

How you intend to use Media Representations that are appropriate to your intended audience?

I aim to create an entertainment music magazine front cover and double page spread. My target audience is mainly girls aged 14-18 who like a mixture of R&B and Hip-hop. The unique selling point of my magazine is that the main feature is likely to be female artists that are new to the genre but has become extremely famous due to their vocals and lyricism.


Masthead: Feud

I decided to name my magazine Feud because I believe in music, especially in R&B and Hip-hip the artist is battling their inner self and outer self. The inner self is an individual's personal, internal identity - one defined by external, social forces and relationships. It is closely linked to a person's values, beliefs, goals and motivations. This would appeal to my audience who at a young age are going through a mix of emotions which they could relate to. I want the audience to feel as if they are not alone and can look up to their favourite artists on my magazine, making them feel stronger.


Main Feature:

My main feature is going to be an upcoming artist who has a serious expression and you would easily notice they have gone through many life experiences from a young age but have achieved more than people aged older by simply being the; passionate, understanding, hardworking, humble.


Colours: White, dark maroon, and teal blue

These would appeal to my target audience because these colours show authority as if the world is superior to them. White shows growth and creativity, dark maroons show's power and risk whilst the teal blue shows freedom, wisdom and loyalty.


Representation:

The model would be good-looking, likely to be under 20 indicating the youthfulness and would dressed tastefully as simplicity looks beautiful. This reflects the audience self-image: young, pure, and somewhat powerful.


Layout:

To further satisfy the audience I have made a decision for the shot to be a close up of my model, where her angle of gaze would be looking directly at the camera to show she is powerful and has come a long way in her musical journey. I will show this through lighting and facial expression. The model would also be showing bare skin up to her shoulders, so she doesn't look too animated and someone who they are not, reflecting the values of the magazine which is empowering female rap artists. Additionally, I want the model to have minimal makeup just to accentuate her natural features more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Closed Blog Notification

Centre Number:   Norbury Manor Business and Enterprise College for Girls Centre Number:   14343 Candidate name:   Neeha Gohar Unit J200 C...